Slightly more detailed instructions on how to install software efficiently Consultant Plus in an enterprise for a lazy administrator to do once and never touch this issue again.
Transferring the Consultant Plus kit and fine-tuning it
In this article I will try to touch on the main stages of the transfer and the nuances that arise during this.
- Transferring all the contents of the folder (in our case K:\Consultant) to the new server also to the folder K:\Consultant
- Run the line from the server with administrator rights K:\Consultant \cons.exe with keys /adm/reg (example: K:\Consultant\cons.exe /adm /reg). A list of unregistered bases appears and there are several options:
- We call the service organization, dictate codes to them, get an answer and register all the bases with our hands.
- We save the data to a file and send it to the service organization (the file will appear in the folder K:\Consultant\SEND and will have the extension *.QR). In response, you will be sent a file that you need to put in a folder K:\Consultant\RECEIVE and re-run the database registration command (K:\Consultant\cons.exe /adm /reg). Then click "Close". After that, the file will disappear, and restarting the registration will show that all databases are registered.
- Ask the service organization to send you a file of the format *.RGT and if the hardware configuration has not changed, it can be replaced in the RECEIVE folder and the database will be registered.
- Next, you need to perform a network registration of the station once from the administrator's machine (The server where the Consultant Plus was moved to). To do this, run Consultant Plus without additional parameters at any user's workplace. After the window appearsRegistering a Workstation» go to the server and run the Consultant Plus with the key there /adm. Inside, open the menu on the top left. Select the menu item "Service / Station Registration". After the end of the process Consultant Plus will start on the client workstation.
- If you are hosting Consultant Plus on a terminal server, you will need to make additional settings for the user settings save folder. If this is not done, then the folder will be the same for everyone. C:\ConsUserData and users will overwrite each other's settings. To configure, you need to create a file of a special format. Must be created in directory K:\Consultant\BASE network kit text file complete.cfg. This can be done using the Notepad text editor.
1 line - The name of the program displayed in the header of the main window
2 line - The name of the shortcut created on the user's desktop
3rd line - Working directory directory
File content example:
SPS Consultant Plus
Now, when installing a workstation (for forced installation, you need to run K:\Consultant\cons.exe /group) and creating shortcuts for the desktop of each user, the program will take the directory specified in this file as the directory of configuration files (aka the working directory Consultant Plus). It is necessary to perform a one-time installation run of Consultant Plus (it is possible to suppress the configuration window with the command K:\Consultant\cons.exe /group /yes) on all terminal users (if the installation is new and users have not logged into Consultant Plus yet, this step is optional). You can check that the required path is set as the working directory inside Consultant Plus, in the window "Menu/Help/About"(string Working directory). After the transfer, we will have a new installation, so there is no need to additionally launch it with the /GROUP parameter.
If you do not need one of the parameters, then just leave the line empty (for example, we always publish shortcuts through group policies or as a remote application).
File content example:
SPS Consultant Plus
The name of the working directory can be set, as in the specified example, in the form %UserProfile%\ConsUserData, that is, using environment variables. So, in this case, the current settings and logs of Consultant Plus will be stored along the path C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\ConsUserData\.
A list of the main environment variables can be found here (WikiPedia)
To receive updates automatically if Internet access on the terminal server is limited, you need to make additional settings. Allow access to your service organization's resource to download updates. Information about what resources are used for updating must be requested from the service organization.
Many stop there and this is a mistake. The Consultant Plus program itself uses its online resources to work. I will list them below. Please note that this list is constantly expanding and changing.
Permission for should be granted to access port 80 (http protocol) and port 443 (https protocol) for resources using the mask: *.consultant.ru. For example, MikroTik routers cannot do this. Therefore, I cite the resources known to me.
- arb.consultant.ru — archive of decisions of arbitration courts of first instance
- aoas.consultant.ru — archive of arbitration court rulings
- soj.consultant.ru — archive of decisions of courts of general jurisdiction
- astn.consultant.ru — archive of building technical standards
- afas.consultant.ru — archive of FAS and OFAS decisions
- atn.consultant.ru — archive of technical standards
- ammo.consultant.ru — archive of documents of Moscow and the region
- admo.consultant.ru — archive of documents of municipal formations of subjects of the Russian Federation
- arms.consultant.ru - archive of decisions of justices of the peace
- arbchain.consultant.ru - case history
- nav.consultant.ru - navigation search
- ondb.consultant.ru — news for the accountant
- spsp.consultant.ru – special search for judicial practice
- similars.consultant.ru — search for similar court decisions
- www.consultant.ru - hot documents
- client.consultant.ru — ordering documents (via gray links)
- intupdate1.consultant.ru — server for statistics files
- intupdateusers.consultant.ru - backup IP server (if used) in the CC
- intupdateusers1.consultant.ru - backup IP server (if used) in the CC
- login.consultant.ru - Authorization site
- online.consultant.ru — ORP
- online3.consultant.ru — HVAC
- cloud.consultant.ru - OBM
- ovmf2.consultant.ru — OVM-F
- online11.consultant.ru — OVK-F
Also, to access the video seminars, you need to open access to the site cdn.ngenix.net and to NGENIX CDN subnets with video content according to the following list:
After setting up Internet access, you need to set up automatic updates. The most famous way is to set up a task in the task scheduler. Everything is simple here, and I will focus only on a few arguments. So the launch line looks like this:
K:\Consultant\cons.exe /adm /base* /receive_inet /yes /process=1 /norunner+ /tempinetdir=
- /NORUNNER+ — complete visual suppression of Consultant Plus windows when performing operations with the program in batch mode. The process will only be visible in the task manager of the operating system;
- /PROCESS=n — inclusion of a multiprocessor mode when performing operations with information banks Consultant Plus (accepting replenishment, reindexing, etc.). Ignored for local versions of the program. n - the number of processor cores used is limited by the number of actually existing cores. When performing an update, you must set the value exactly "1» otherwise the bank will not be able to update. Despite the fact that the valid values are from 1 to 8 (which would be white in parallel up to 8 threads), it is necessary to set exactly 1 and this is how the developer's technical support indicates.
Setting up auto-replenishment of the database Consultant Plus
Few people know that there is another way to set up automatic updates. The ability to set the schedule for launching Internet top-ups directly from the interface of the Offline version of Consultant Plus. This feature is implemented using the built-in replenishment scheduler (hereinafter, Scheduler Consultant Plus).
Replenishment launched from the built-in Scheduler of Consultant Plus is about 15% faster than that launched through the Windows Scheduler. This is because tasks in the Windows Scheduler run by default with a low priority (in Windows terminology - “Below Medium”) and there is no way to change this priority through the scheduler interface. Scheduler Consultant Plus is easier to set up than the Windows Scheduler, which has a more complex interface due to its versatility. In the Consultant Plus Planner, you do not need to set up the Consultant Plus working directory. According to statistics, an error in setting up a working directory and an error in setting permissions to work with this directory are the most common causes of Internet top-up failure for a client. Scheduler Consultant Plus implements replenishment mode when the user is inactive (when the computer is idle). Before setting tasks in the Consultant Plus Scheduler, you need to make sure that there are no update tasks created in the Windows Scheduler. If such tasks are present, then they must either be stopped or deleted in order to avoid duplication of tasks.
The scheduler is an executable servcons.exe contained in the folder K:\Consultant\SYSTEM\SERVCONS. The specified file is automatically created and updated from the servcons.zip archive in the SYSTEM folder, which is transferred with replenishment in the cons*.ans file. To work with the scheduler, you must log in to Consultant Plus in Administrator mode Consultant Plus (key /adm). The scheduler settings are called by the "Recharge Scheduler" button in the "Internet" tab of the "Tools/Settings" menu.
If Consultant Plus was logged in not in the Consultant Plus Administrator mode, the "Recharge Scheduler" button will be inactive.
The "Recharge Scheduler" button is available when three conditions are met:
- Consultant Plus running in Administrator mode Consultant Plus (key /adm)
- In the folder K:\Consultant\SYSTEM\SERVCONS lies the file servcons.exe
- The kit is not a flash version
On first start, you need to install services (servcons и servcons_update) needed to work with the scheduler, as well as specify the details of the account under which the tasks of the scheduler will be launched. To start working with the Consultant Plus scheduler (installing services), you must perform the following actions in the "Account for starting and service status" block:
— specify the username and password of the user on behalf of which the scheduler tasks will be launched (in the case of using a domain account in the "Username" field, it is mandatory to indicate the domain in the following format - domain\user);
- click on the link "Update user credentials" (optional);
- click on the "Install" button.
After successful installation of the necessary services (“Consultant Plus Recharge Scheduler” and “Consultant Plus Recharge Scheduler Management Service”), they should be launched immediately. Thus, the value in the "Service Status" field should become "Started".
in Vista/Windows7/8/10 and in Windows Server 2008/2012 to the directory %AllUsersProfile%\ ConsultantPlus\SYSTEM\SYS\
The following files will be written to the same directory:
When installing services file servcons.exe is copied from SYSTEM\SERVCONS twice (with the original name and with the name servcons_update.exe) to the following directories:
on Vista/Windows7/8/10 and on Windows Server 2008/2012 to %AllUsersProfile%\ ConsultantPlus\SYSTEM\SYS\
The following files will be written to the same directory:
- lasttry.bin - data about the last runs of the scheduler tasks;
- servcons.cfg - the current version of the list of tasks of the scheduler;
- servcons.cfg.old - penultimate version of the scheduler task list;
- servcons.vault - encrypted credentials of the user on behalf of which the tasks of the scheduler are launched;
- servcons.cache - scheduler cache.
After the successful installation and start of the services, it becomes possible to create scheduler tasks. There are two main mutually exclusive types of tasks:
- start replenishment according to the schedule;
- start replenishment when the user is inactive (when the computer is idle).
If the checkbox in the block "Replenishment during idle time" is not set, then the task is set according to the schedule; if set, the task will be executed "downtime computer»
The Refill Scheduler Consultant Plus has the ability to automatically update the scheduler services during the upgrade. However, if the replenishment, within which a newer version of the scheduler was received, was carried out without using the /receive_inet key, the next time the scheduler is launched from the Consultant Plus interface, the link "Update scheduler service" will appear in the settings form. Clicking this link will update the Consultant Plus Refill Scheduler Services executables.
If the details of the account under which the scheduler tasks were launched become outdated (for example, the password was changed or the account was blocked), a warning will be issued to update them. After a successful update of the account information, an appropriate warning will be issued.
To remove the scheduler services, run the following from the command line (cmd.exe or any other program that supports command line operation):
After configuring automatic replenishment, all that remains is to create a policy and add shortcuts to the program for users. By the way, an interesting fact if you want to assign the Consultant Plus icon to your RemoteApp application, then you will be very surprised to learn that it does not exist. An icon is easy to create using any online converter by converting your image to an *.ico file