1. The passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation, which certifies the identity of a citizen of the Russian Federation on the territory of the Russian Federation, is valid on the territory of the Russian Federation from October 01, 1997.
2. The passport of a citizen of the USSR of the 1974 model is valid on the territory of the Russian Federation until January 01, 2006 and is an identity document for certain categories of foreign citizens, which are understood as Residents who simultaneously meet the following criteria:
- who had citizenship of the USSR (there is a note about this on the 1st page of the passport),
- arrived in the Russian Federation from the states that were part of the USSR,
- registered at the place of residence in the Russian Federation as of July 1, 2002.
3. The passport of a citizen of the USSR is accepted as an identity document only upon presentation of a residence permit.
4. The sailor's passport is a document proving the identity of its owner both abroad and within the Russian Federation.
5. A birth certificate is an identity document for persons (citizens of the Russian Federation) who have not reached the age of 14.
6. An identity card of a serviceman of the Russian Federation is a document proving the identity and legal status of a serviceman of the Russian Federation.
7. A military card is a document proving the identity of soldiers, sailors, sergeants and foremen who are doing military service by conscription or contract, as well as cadets of military educational institutions of vocational education during their training.
8. Temporary identity card of a citizen of the Russian Federation in the form No. 2-P - an identity document of a limited duration.
9. Passport of a foreign citizen (national passport or national foreign passport) or other document established by federal law or recognized in accordance with an international treaty of the Russian Federation as a document proving the identity of a foreign citizen - for foreign citizens if they permanently reside in the territory of the Russian Federation.
10. The status of a foreign citizen - Resident is confirmed by a residence permit issued by the territorial body of the federal executive body of the Russian Federation in charge of internal affairs.
11. A residence permit in the Russian Federation is a document proving the identity of a stateless person, confirming his right to permanent residence in the Russian Federation.